Find Plans in your area with your ZIP Code
Use our zip code lookup above to see which plans are available in your region. Or click below to select your county. Keep reading to learn more about Arizona's Special Needs Plans program.
2024 Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans for Arizona Beneficiaries
Be the first to know. Sign-up for 2024 Medicare SNP notification HERE. 2024 Medicare plan information will be available in early October.
How-To Enroll in a Arizona Special Needs Plan
Most people living in Arizona, age 65 and older, qualify for Medicare Advantage but do not qualify for a Special Needs Plan (SNP). A SNP is a Medicare Advantage plan, but they are only available to people with one of the following special needs:
- Chronic Condition (C-SNP): You have one or more severe or disabling chronic conditions.
- Institutional (I-SNP): You live in an institution (like a nursing home), or you require nursing care at home.
- Dual Eligible (D-SNP): You have both Medicare and Medicaid.
Compare 2024 Special Needs Plans in Arizona by County
Each SNP limits membership to people in one of these groups or a subset of one of these groups. For instance, a SNP that's designed to serve people with diabetes mellitus might include access to a network of healthcare providers who specialize in treating this form of diabetes. Such a plan would also feature clinical case management that's designed to serve people with this condition.
There are three ways to enroll:
- Call a plan directly. If you know the plan you want, this way is quick and easy.
- Go to www.Medicare.gov and enroll through the government website. From there you can look up your medications, compare plans, and get your application started online.
- Use an independent Arizona insurance agent. This is the best way to go if you need someone to help advise you.
If You Don't Qualify for Special Needs Benefits
Special Needs Plan are not for everyone. Fortunately, there are other options to get additional coverage. Start here:
- Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO plans
- Medicare Part D prescription drug plans
- Medigap plans for supplemental insurance
Find Plans in your area with your ZIP Code
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? These common questions and answers might help. Or, call 1-855-728-0510 (TTY 711) to speak with a licensed advisor.
What are the different types of Medicare special needs plans?
Medicare allows private health plans to offer three different types of Special Needs Plans. They include D-SNP plans for dual-eligible people. C-SNP plans for people with certain chronic illnesses. And I-SNP plans for institutionalized individuals.
What is the difference between SNP and D-SNP?
SNPs are Medicare Advantage private health plans that cater to individuals with special needs. There are three types of SNP plans: D-SNP for dual-eligible (Medicare or Medicaid) individuals; I-SNP plans to support people who are institutionalized or homebound; and C-SNP plans that support people with certain chronic conditions. Learn how to qualify.
What do Medicare Special Needs Plans cover in Arizona?
SNPs must provide all the same benefits as Original Medicare, just like all Medicare Advantage plans sold in Arizona. Every SNP must offer Part D prescription benefits, which is not the case with regular Medicare Advantage plans. Other benefits vary depending on which plan you choose. D-SNP plans, for example, coordinate Medicare and Medicaid benefits for dual-eligible members. Dental, vision, and hearing benefits are common in all types of SNP plans.
Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and benefits offered by the following carriers: Aetna Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aspire Health Plan, Centene Corporation, Dean Health Plan, Devoted Health, GlobalHealth, Health Care Service Corporation, Cigna-HealthSpring, Humana, Molina Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Oscar Health Insurance, Premera Blue Cross, Medica Central Health Plan, SCAN Health Plan, Scott and White Health Plan now part of Baylor Scott & White Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Citations & Referencesmedicare.gov
- CMS.gov, "2024 Medicare Part C Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed September 27, 2023
- Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare | Medicare http://www.medicare.gov/
- Find a Medicare plan https://www.medicare.gov/plan-compare/
- Medicare Benefits | SSA https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/
- Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs | SSA https://www.ssa.gov/medicare/prescriptionhelp/
- Medicare Benefits | SSA https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/
- Five-Star Quality Rating System | CMS https://www.cms.gov/medicare/provider-enrollment-and-certification/certificat...
- Medicare Open Enrollment | CMS https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Reach-Out/Find-tools-to-help-you-h...
This Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan state information page was last updated on .