Humana Premier Rx Plan (Enhanced PDP) A 2023 Mississippi Medicare Part D Plan Review
Humana Premier Rx Plan is a Enhanced Part D plan (S5884-166) from Humana Insurance Company that's available to people with Original Medicare, or a Medicare Advantage plan without Part D benefits, in Mississippi.
This 2023 plan has a $300.00 annual A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share. and an Once you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,660. This plan has an overall rating of 3.0 (Average) out of 5 stars.
- Humana Premier Rx Plan is an enhanced benefit Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan.
- Enhanced benefit plans have a higher actuarial value than basic benefit plans.
- Actuarial value simply refers to the percentage of cost covered by the plan.
- The monthly A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. is $77.70
- The annual deductible is $300.00.
- This Humana Insurance Company plan offers additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help program's full Social Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- Benefits and prescription costs vary widely from plan to plan, so if you have regular prescriptions it's important to carefully compare what your costs will be.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||Yes|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||Humana Insurance Company|
WARNING: Before enrolling in this or any other Medicare Part D plan, it is very important to understand what your costs will be for your regular prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Humana Premier Rx Plan's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Humana Insurance Company plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$57.50|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$20.20|
|Total Part D Premium:||$77.70|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$45.80|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$53.80|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$61.70|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$69.70|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $300.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Humana Insurance Company begins paying its share.
NOTE: The deductible does not apply to one or more drug tiers in this plan (see "Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs" below).
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Humana Premier Rx Plan has A copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay|
(deductible does not apply)
(deductible does not apply)
|2 (Generic)||$4.00 copay||$10.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$45.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||49%||50%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||28%||28%|
CMS Rating Marks and Our Review
This Medicare Part D plan gets 3.0 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Humana Premier Rx Plan performs.
In terms of quality, safety, and customer service, this Mississippi Part D plan is just average. Humana Premier Rx Plan delivers an excellent customer care experience when members call for help. When it comes to member complaints to Medicare, this plan does an average job. The member experience with this Humana Insurance Company plan is about average. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. There are enhanced benefit plans with a lower monthly premium than this one. That's okay if the plan covers your prescriptions at a better overall price. This plan does have an annual deductible, but one of the A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a prescription drug plan or another insurance plan offering prescription drug benefits. Medications not on a plan's formulary are generally not covered. tiers is excluded (see table above).
Each year Medicare rates drug plans (Part D) in several major categories. These ratings are designed to help you understand the quality of care and service you can expect if you join this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Additional Enhanced Medicare Part D Plan Options in Mississippi
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Premier
- Humana Walmart Value Rx Plan
- AARP MedicareRx Walgreens
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Essential
- Wellcare Medicare Rx Value Plus
Contact Humana Insurance Company
|Plan Website:||Humana Insurance Company Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Humana Insurance Company Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Humana Insurance Company Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage (MA), also known as Medicare Part C, are health plans from private insurance companies that are available to people eligible for Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B). program on www.medicare.gov.
Citations & References
- Humana Insurance Company, "http://www.humana.com/medicare", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed August 28, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "What Medicare Part D drug plans cover", Last Accessed July 1, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Medicare costs at a glance", Last Accessed June 11, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Find your level of Extra Help (Part D)", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed October 15, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed October 17, 2022
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Mississippi information on this page was last updated on .