Clear Spring Health Value Rx (Basic PDP) A 2022 Michigan Medicare Part D Plan Review
Clear Spring Health Value Rx is a 2022 Basic Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan (PDP) from Clear Spring Health that's available to people with Original Medicare is private fee-for-service health insurance for people on Medicare. It has two parts. Part A is hospital coverage. Part B is medical coverage. in Michigan. It is a cost-sharing plan with an Once you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,430.
- Clear Spring Health Value Rx is a basic benefit Medicare Part D plan (PDP) that's available in Michigan
- Basic benefit simply means that Clear Spring Health covers the minimum amount required by the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the U.S. Federal agency that runs the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs., whereas enhanced benefit plans cover more.
- The plan's monthly premium is $28.40.
- Member's pay a $480.00 annual A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share..
- Clear Spring Health Value Rx does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan is not a Senior Savings Model Plan.
- This plan qualifies for the Extra Help full Social Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- Nearly a third of all enhanced plans charge more than the average for preferred brand name drugs, and over 50% charge more for non-preferred brand drugs.
- For most people, a basic plan is their best bet, due to lower A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. and lower cost-sharing, even if the plan has a deductible.
- It's important to remember that benefits vary from plan to plan.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||Yes|
|Senior Savings Plan:||No|
|Insured By:||Clear Spring Health|
WARNING: Before enrolling in a Part D plan, take the time to evaluate the cost of your regular prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Clear Spring Health Value Rx's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Clear Spring Health plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$28.40|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$0.00|
|Total Part D Premium:||$28.40|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$0.00|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$7.10|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$14.20|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$21.30|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $480.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Clear Spring Health begins paying its share.
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Clear Spring Health Value Rx has A copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay||$6.00 copay|
|2 (Generic)||$3.00 copay||$8.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$42.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||33%||33%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
Our Review & 2022 CMS Rating Marks
This Medicare Part D plan gets 2.0 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Clear Spring Health Value Rx performs.
Think twice before joining this sub-par Medicare Part D plan. Clear Spring Health Value Rx does a poor job at customer service. This plan gets an excessive number of complaints from its members. Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this Clear Spring Health plan enjoy a good member experience. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
Every plan covers drugs differently, so it's important to look at your total cost. Some basic benefit plans have a lower monthly cost than this one. If this plan covers your prescriptions at the best price, it's fine. Watch out for the plan's deductible. Unlike some other plans, this plan does not exempt any tiers in its A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a prescription drug plan or another insurance plan offering prescription drug benefits. Medications not on a plan's formulary are generally not covered..
Each year the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid is a public health insurance program that provides health care coverage to low-income families and individuals in the United States. Services (CMS) rates drug plans (Part D) in four broad categories. We do not recommend joining a plan with an overall rating of less than 3.0. Here are the most recent CMS ratings for this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Contact Clear Spring Health
|Plan Website:||Clear Spring Health Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Clear Spring Health Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Clear Spring Health Pharmacy Information|
|Prospective Members:||(877) 317-6082|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Additional Basic Medicare Part D Plan Options in Michigan
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- Prescription Blue Select for Michigan
- Wellcare Classic for Michigan
- Elixir RxSecure for Michigan
- Cigna Secure Rx for Michigan
- AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus for Michigan
Citations & References
- Clear Spring Health, "http://www.clearspringhealthcare.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "Your Guide to Medicare", Last Accessed June 3, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "How Part D works with other insurance", Last Accessed May 14, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Costs for Medicare drug coverage", Last Accessed June 3, 2022
- SSA.gov, "Understanding the Extra Help With Your Medicare", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed October 26, 2021
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed October 6, 2021
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Michigan information on this page was last updated on .