Clear Spring Health Value Rx (Basic PDP) A 2022 Louisiana Medicare Part D Plan Review
Clear Spring Health Value Rx is a 2022 Basic Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan (PDP) from Clear Spring Health that's available to people with Original Medicare is private fee-for-service health insurance for people on Medicare. It has two parts. Part A is hospital coverage. Part B is medical coverage. in Louisiana. It is a cost-sharing plan with an Once you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,430.
- This is a basic benefit Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) from Clear Spring Health that is available to beneficiaries in Louisiana
- A basic benefit plan, like Clear Spring Health Value Rx, covers the minimum amount required by the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the U.S. Federal agency that runs the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs..
- The plan's premium is $31.90 per month.
- The plan's A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share. is $480.00 per year.
- Clear Spring Health Value Rx does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan qualifies for the Extra Help full Social Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- This plan is not a Senior Savings Model Plan.
- Basic plans typically offer less cost-sharing than plans with an enhanced benefit.
- Due to lower A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. , a basic benefit plan is generally the best option for most healthy people, even if the plan has a deductible.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||Yes|
|Senior Savings Plan:||No|
|Insured By:||Clear Spring Health|
WARNING: Drug costs vary widely between pharmacies and plans. It is important to carefully consider your personal prescription costs before you enroll in a prescription drug plan.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Clear Spring Health Value Rx's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Clear Spring Health plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$31.90|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$0.00|
|Total Part D Premium:||$31.90|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$0.00|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$8.00|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$15.90|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$23.90|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $480.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Clear Spring Health begins paying its share.
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Clear Spring Health Value Rx has A copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay||$6.00 copay|
|2 (Generic)||$3.00 copay||$8.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$42.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||33%||33%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
CMS Rating Marks and Our Review
This Medicare Part D plan gets 2.0 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Clear Spring Health Value Rx performs.
You have options, and this one is below average. Clear Spring Health Value Rx does a poor job at customer service. This plan gets an excessive number of complaints from its members. Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this Clear Spring Health plan enjoy a good member experience. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. You can find basic benefits plans that have a lower monthly fee than this one. That's OK if the plan covers your prescriptions at the lowest possible price. Pay attention to the deductible. This plan is not like other plans. It does not exclude any tiers from the deductible. Other plans do.
Each year Medicare rates drug plans (Part D) in several major categories. These ratings are designed to help you understand the quality of care and service you can expect if you join this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Contact Clear Spring Health
|Plan Website:||Clear Spring Health Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Clear Spring Health Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Clear Spring Health Pharmacy Information|
|Prospective Members:||(877) 317-6082|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Additional Basic Medicare Part D Plan Options in Louisiana
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus for Louisiana
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus for Louisiana
- SilverScript Choice for Louisiana
- Wellcare Classic for Louisiana
- Humana Basic Rx Plan for Louisiana
Citations & References
- Clear Spring Health, "http://www.clearspringhealthcare.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed April 28, 2022
- Benefits.gov, "Medicare Prescription Drug Plans", Last Accessed June 1, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Medicare costs at a glance", Last Accessed June 11, 2022
- SSA.gov, "Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed October 26, 2021
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed October 6, 2021
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Louisiana information on this page was last updated on .