Wellcare Absolute is a new plan for 2021. As such it has not been rated by CMS.
NOTE: Many new plans enter the market with low premiums and low co-pays. Remember, it's important to evaluate plans every year. This is particularly true with new plans.
Wellcare Absolute 2021 Medicare Advantage PPO Plan for Cameron Parish, LA
Wellcare Absolute is a Medicare Advantage plan from WellCare that's available to Medicare beneficiaries living in Cameron Parish, Louisiana.
- It is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plan.
- It includes a prescription drug plan (Part D).
- It has the same health insurance benefits as Original Medicare.
- It offers extras that Medicare does not cover.
- The maximum out-of-pocket cost with this plan is $7,550 .
- The monthly premium is $0.00 (plus your Part B premium).
Wellcare Absolute vs. Traditional Medicare in Cameron Parish
This PPO plan replaces your Original Medicare coverage in Cameron Parish. If you join this plan, you must agree to let WellCare manage your Medicare benefits, including:
- Medicare Part A (hospital insurance).
- Medicare Part B (medical insurance).
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage).
- Additional benefits included in the plan not covered by Medicare.
This PPO health insurance allows you to choose your own primary care doctor, specialists, and other healthcare providers in Cameron Parish. If you're on a budget you can lower your out-of-pocket costs by using the plan's provider network.
Wellcare Absolute Review
These are the areas of the plan that are important to compare and review:
- Premium: This is the amount you will pay monthly, above and beyond your Medicare Part B.
- Maximum-Out-Of-Pocket (MOOP): This is the most you will pay for co-pays and co-insurance before the plan pays 100%.
- CMS Ratings: Important measurements across 9 different areas that will help you understand how well this plan will care for you.
- Prescription Coverage: Medications are expensive, so you'll want to know how this plan covers your prescriptions.
- Co-pays & Co-insurance: If you see the doctor regularly, including specialists, you need to know what you'll pay for each visit.
IMPORTANT: Unlike Original Medicare, your out-of-pocket expenses are capped with this plan. As a result, you won't be vulnerable to excessive medical bills due to an accident or a critical illness.
CRITICAL: Wellcare Absolute includes a Medicare drug plan with its own deductible and co-pays. If you have regular prescriptions, make sure your medications are covered at a favorable price before you join this plan. Prescription drug plans vary significantly by plan. Make sure you have the best coverage.
Wellcare Absolute's monthly premium in Cameron Parish is $0.00. That includes your prescription coverage, as well. Plus, you must continue to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Co-payments and/or co-insurances also apply with most healthcare services, except preventive care mandated by CMS (see H3047-002 Summary of Benefits).
Although the health plan itself does not have a deductible, the prescription drug plan does. It's $195.00 per year. That means you pay 100% of your prescription costs until you've spent $195.00, then the plan will begin paying it's share.
IMPORTANT: When evaluating Wellcare Absolute, look past the monthly premium. Identify the costs of the healthcare services you use most. Only then will you uncover the plan's value for your personal situation.
Maximum Out-of-Pocket (MOOP) Limit
Unlike Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans must set an annual Maximum Out-of-Pocket limit on inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. The Wellcare Absolute plan MOOP is $7,550 . Once you reach this amount of spending on your co-payments, all of your Medicare Part A and Part B services will be covered at no additional charge.
Plans can set their MOOP at a voluntary level of $0 to $3,400 (for in-network services) or a mandatory $3,401 to $6,700 (in-network). Combined totals for in-network and out-of-network are generally higher.
NOTE: MOOP does not include what you spend on monthly premiums. It also does not apply to your prescription drugs or Part D deductible.
CRITICAL: It is important to evaluate the combined annual MA/MAPD premiums and MOOP versus what you might expect to pay for a Medicare Supplement in Cameron Parish. Some Medicare Supplements offer less overall financial risk than Medicare Advantage.
For more information about this plan, and other plans on this site, call 1-855-266-4865. You may also contact the plan:
For assistance 24 hours a day, call 800-633-4227. TTY users should call 877-486-2048. If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov. To learn more about this plan, visit the WellCare Medicare website.
Compare Plan Options
The average Louisiana senior compares three or more plan options before making an enrollment decision.
Additional Medicare Plan Options in Cameron Parish
Are you eligible for a Cameron Parish, LA Medicare Special Needs Plan (SNP)? SNPs are a special type of Medicare Advantage plan designed to help people with special needs. Here are some of the SNP plans in your area:
- Vantage DUAL PLUS (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Peoples Health Secure Complete (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- WellCare Access (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Humana Gold Plus SNP-DE H1951-041 (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Peoples Health Secure Health (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
Not qualified for an SNP? Here are some additional plans you might consider:
- Humana Value Plus H5216-161 (PPO)
- Vantage PREMIUM (HMO-POS)
- Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 (HMO)
- Blue Advantage (PPO)
- WellCare Endurance (HMO)