More Plan Options
The average Louisiana senior compares three or more plan options before making an enrollment decision.
How-To Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan in Winn Parish
Most people living in Louisiana, age 65 and older, qualify to enroll in Medicare Advantage. An exception is a disqualifying illness, such as End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
You can join or switch plans during a Medicare Election Period. For most people, the Annual Election Period (AEP), which starts on 15 October and ends 7 December, is the time they update their enrollment.
You also have an Individual Election Period (IEP). Your IEP begins the month before your 65th birthday, includes your birth month, and continues the month after your birth month.
There are three ways to enroll:
- Call a plan directly. If you know the plan you want, this way is quick and easy.
- Go to www.Medicare.gov and enroll through the government website. From there you can look up your medications, compare plans, and get your application started online.
- Use an independent Louisiana insurance agent. This is the best way to go if you need someone to help advise you.
Medigap vs. Medicare Advantage, Which is Better in Winn Parish, LA?
Medicare Advantage is one way to get full coverage healthcare. However, many people feel that Medicare Advantage plans in Winn Parish are bad. So, you have the option to keep your Original Medicare benefits and upgrade your coverage with Louisiana Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) and a Louisiana Medicare Part D plan (PDP) for help with prescription medications.
If you're not familiar with Medigap policies, and how they protect you from medical care liability, please review our Medicare supplements directory, where you can learn about and compare Medigap plans. All Medigap plans are standardized. That means you can choose the plan you need based on the best price without worrying about the benefits.
Special Needs Plans in Winn Parish, Louisiana
Looking for Medicare Special Needs Plans available in Winn Parish, LA?. Special Needs Plans are Medicare Advantage plans designed specifically for three types of special needs:
- Beneficiaries in a nursing home or receiving skilled nursing care at home;
- Beneficiaries with both Medicare and Medicaid benefits; and
- Beneficiaries with certain chronic health conditions.
Winn Parish, LA Medicare Advantage Plan Availability
The 18 Medicare Part C plans listed on this page are available to Medicare beneficiaries, enrolled in both Part A and Part B, living in Atlanta, Calvin, Dodson, Joyce, Saint Maurice, Sikes, Winnfield, and all other locations in Winn Parish, Louisiana. MMP plans are only available to individuals who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits (aka, Dual Eligible or Medi-Medi).