Medicare Advantage Plans by Arkansas County
Hello Arkansas seniors! On this page you will find a complete list of Medicare Advantage Plans for Arkansas beneficiaries, organized by county. Not familiar with Medicare Advantage? No problem, it’s easy. An Advantage Plan replaces your Original Medicare with a traditional HMO or PPO health plan that offers you more coverage.
Be aware that some Arkansas counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Find a Arkansas Medicare Insurance Agent!
We maintain an exclusive list of Medicare insurance agents and agencies licensed to sell Medicare Advantage plans in Arkansas. Click Here to see your agents. You can request confidential quotes online to compare rates.
Supplement Plans vs. Advantage HMO or PPO: Full Coverage Health Plan Options in Arkansas
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in Arkansas, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in Arkansas are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
Medicare Advantage Enrollment in Arkansas
In general, there are two times that you can enroll in a Arkansas Medicare Advantage plan that’s available in your county. The first time you can enroll is during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most people, your IEP happens when you turn 65. After that, you enroll in an MA plan during open enrollment, called the Annual Election Period (AEP). During AEP, which starts every year on October 1st and ends on December 7th, you can enroll, dis-enroll or change plans.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in Arkansas use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Medicare Advantage Plan in Arkansas vs. Obamacare
Do you have questions about how Obamacare affects MA plans in 2014? Trust me, you’re not alone. Quite a few Arkansas seniors are confused. What you really need to know is that the new healthcare law does not affect Medicare Advantage plans in so far as the consumer is concerned. The carriers have a few more regulations, but nothing that will affect your plan and plan choices in 2014.
In case you are wondering if you can buy Medicare Advantage or additional health plan benefits on the Arkansas Health Insurance Exchange (HIX), the answer is no. Medicare beneficiaries do not qualify for any Obamacare health plans, and you cannot trade or upgrade Medicare benefits for Obamacare benefits. The two are mutually exclusive. Arkansas Medicare beneficiaries who call the HIX toll-free number will be redirected to Medicare.gov. Read more about the Affordable Care Act at www.HealthCare.gov.
Arkansas Medicare Advantage Plan Information
The healthcare insurance information provided on MedicareWire.com is derived from data files published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). We make every attempt to keep our databases up-to-date. In spite of this, we simply cannot ensure the exactness of the details and only a licensed insurance agent can give you quote. For additional information go to the CMS website at: http://cms.gov.
Related Senior Health Insurance in Arkansas
- Medicare Advantage Plans for Arkansas Beneficiaries
- Arkansas Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Arkansas Dental Insurance for Seniors
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans for Arkansas Seniors
Medicare Advantage Plans in Arkansas
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Arkansas, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- Care Improvement Plus Medicare Advantage
- HumanaChoice R5826-010
- HumanaChoice R5826-067
- Windsor Medicare Extra Gold Plan
- Windsor Medicare Extra Diamond Plan
- Windsor Medicare Extra Emerald Plan
- Windsor Medicare Extra Silver Plan
- AR Blue Cross – Medi-Pak Advantage MA-PD
- HumanaChoice H7188-003
- HumanaChoice H7188-006
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-120
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-122
- AR Blue Cross – Medi-Pak Advantage MA
- AR Blue Cross – Medi-Pak Advantage MA-PD Option 1
- Humana Gold Choice
- AR Blue Cross – Medi-Pak Advantage MA
- AR Blue Cross – Medi-Pak Advantage MA-PD Option 2
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-001
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-082
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 250A
- Today"s Options Premier 200
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred
- Advantra Premier Plus
- Today"s Options Premier 400
- Advantra Freedom
- Advantra Total Care
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-080
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450E
- AARP MedicareComplete Plus
- AR Blue Cross -Medi-Pak Advantage Platinum
- Today’s Options Premier 900
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 950B
- Medi-Pak Advantage
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450C
- Medi-Pak Advantage Essential
- Medi-Pak Advantage Elite
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx
- Humana Gold Plus
- Today’s Options Premier 500
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 550A
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-197
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 950E
- Today"s Options Advantage Plus 250A
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450D
- HumanaChoice H4408-001
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-013
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred AR