Humana Premier Rx Plan is a Enhanced Part D plan (Plan ID: S5884-167) from Humana Insurance Company that's available to people with Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan without Part D benefits.
This 2023 plan has a $300.00 annual deductible and an initial coverage limit of $4,660. This plan has an overall rating of 3.0 (Average) out of 5 stars.
GET NOTIFIED: 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification
- Humana Premier Rx Plan is an enhanced benefit Medicare Part D plan.
- Enhanced benefit plans have a higher actuarial value than basic benefit plans.
- Actuarial value refers to the percentage of cost the plan covers.
- The monthly premium is $79.70
- The annual deductible is $300.00.
- This Humana Insurance Company plan offers additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help program's full low-income subsidy.
- Benefits and prescription costs vary widely from plan to plan, so if you have regular prescriptions, it's important to compare what your costs will be carefully.
- 2024 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan information for Humana Premier Rx Plan will be published in early October. Sign-up to be notified.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||Yes|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||Humana Insurance Company|
WARNING: Before enrolling in this or any other Medicare Part D plan, it is very important to understand what your costs will be for your regular prescriptions.
Please note that 2024 Medicare Part D information from Humana Insurance Company will not be available until early October.
Sign-Up for 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Humana Premier Rx Plan's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Humana Insurance Company plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$62.50|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$17.20|
|Total Part D Premium:||$79.70|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$41.30|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$50.90|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$60.50|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$70.10|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $300.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Humana Insurance Company begins paying its share.
NOTE: The deductible does not apply to one or more drug tiers in this plan (see "Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs" below).
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Humana Premier Rx Plan has copayments (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay|
(deductible does not apply)
(deductible does not apply)
|2 (Generic)||$4.00 copay||$10.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$45.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||49%||50%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||28%||28%|
CMS Rating Marks and Our Review
This Medicare Part D plan gets 3.0 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Humana Premier Rx Plan performs.
In terms of quality, safety, and customer service, this Part D plan is just average. Humana Premier Rx Plan delivers an excellent customer care experience when members call for help. When it comes to member complaints to Medicare, this plan does an average job. The member experience with this Humana Insurance Company plan is about average. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. There are enhanced benefit plans with a lower monthly premium than this one. That's okay if the plan covers your prescriptions at a better overall price. This plan does have an annual deductible, but one of the formulary tiers is excluded (see table above).
Each year Medicare rates drug plans (Part D) in several major categories. These ratings are designed to help you understand the quality of care and service you can expect if you join this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Humana Premier Rx Plan is available in the following states:
Contact Humana Insurance Company
Call 1-855-728-0510 (TTY 711) to speak with a licensed insurance agent (Mon-Fri, 8am-9pm , Sat 8am-8pm EST) and learn more about this Medicare Part D plan and other plans on this site. You may also Enroll Online using our safe and secure online enrollment website or take advantage of the following plan resources:
|Plan Website:||Humana Insurance Company Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Humana Insurance Company Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Humana Insurance Company Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and benefits offered by the following carriers: Aetna Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aspire Health Plan, Centene Corporation, Dean Health Plan, Devoted Health, GlobalHealth, Health Care Service Corporation, Cigna-HealthSpring, Humana, Molina Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Oscar Health Insurance, Premera Blue Cross, Medica Central Health Plan, SCAN Health Plan, Scott and White Health Plan now part of Baylor Scott & White Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Citations & References
- Humana Insurance Company, "http://www.humana.com/medicare", Last Accessed October 15, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed August 28, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "What Medicare Part D drug plans cover", Last Accessed July 1, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "Medicare costs at a glance", Last Accessed June 11, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "Help with drug costs", Last Accessed June 19, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed January 15, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed January 15, 2023