Cigna Saver Rx is a 2023 Enhanced Medicare Part D plan (Plan ID: S5617-371) from Cigna-HealthSpring Rx that's available to people with Medicare Part A and/or Part B or a Medicare Advantage plan that does not include prescription benefits.
This is a cost-sharing plan that has an initial coverage limit of $4,660 and a $505.00 annual deductible. CMS rated this plan 3.0 (Average) out of 5 stars.
GET NOTIFIED: 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification
- This is an enhanced benefit Medicare Part D plan from Cigna-HealthSpring Rx.
- Enhanced benefit plans, like Cigna Saver Rx, have a higher actuarial value than basic benefit plans.
- Actuarial value refers to the percentage of cost covered by Cigna Saver Rx.
- The premium is $12.50 per month. You pay this amount even if you don't have regular prescriptions.
- The deductible is $505.00 per year.
- This plan does not offer additional coverage in the donut hole (coverage gap).
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help program's full low-income subsidy.
- Costs can vary significantly between plans. If you have regular prescriptions, comparing costs carefully before enrolling is important.
- 2024 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan information for Cigna Saver Rx will be published in early October. Sign-up to be notified.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||Cigna-HealthSpring Rx|
WARNING: Before enrolling in a Part D plan, take the time to evaluate the cost of your regular prescriptions.
Please note that 2024 Medicare Part D information from Cigna-HealthSpring Rx will not be available until early October.
Sign-Up for 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Cigna Saver Rx's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Cigna-HealthSpring Rx plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||-$11.80|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$24.30|
|Total Part D Premium:||$12.50|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$12.50|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$12.50|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$12.50|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$12.50|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $505.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Cigna-HealthSpring Rx begins paying its share.
NOTE: The deductible does not apply to one or more drug tiers in this plan (see "Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs" below).
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Cigna Saver Rx has copayments (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$0.00 copay|
(deductible does not apply)
(deductible does not apply)
|2 (Generic)||$10.00 copay||$20.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$40.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||50%||50%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
A Brief Review and CMS 5-Star Rating Marks
This Medicare Part D plan gets 3.0 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Cigna Saver Rx performs.
Most Part D plans get average marks, including this one. Solving issues when a member has a problem getting their medications is critical, and Cigna Saver Rx members say the plan does a good job when they call for help. When it comes to member complaints to Medicare, this plan does an average job. Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this Cigna-HealthSpring Rx plan enjoy a good member experience. Drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing with this plan are about average.
The true value of any Medicare Part D plan can only be judged by how well it covers your medications. Although the premium for most enhanced benefit plans is higher than this one, you'll need to make sure it offers greater value in terms of the medications you require. Although this enhanced benefit plan has an annual deductible, one of its formulary tiers is excluded (see table above).
The following table shows the quality ratings for this Cigna-HealthSpring Rx plan. Each year CMS rates drug plans (Part D) in four broad categories. We do not recommend joining a plan with an overall rating of less than 3.0:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Cigna Saver Rx is available in the following states:
Contact Cigna-HealthSpring Rx
Call 1-855-728-0510 (TTY 711) to speak with a licensed insurance agent (Mon-Fri, 8am-9pm , Sat 8am-8pm EST) and learn more about this Medicare Part D plan and other plans on this site. You may also Enroll Online using our safe and secure online enrollment website or take advantage of the following plan resources:
|Plan Website:||Cigna-HealthSpring Rx Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Cigna-HealthSpring Rx Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Cigna-HealthSpring Rx Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and benefits offered by the following carriers: Aetna Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aspire Health Plan, Centene Corporation, Dean Health Plan, Devoted Health, GlobalHealth, Health Care Service Corporation, Cigna-HealthSpring, Humana, Molina Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Oscar Health Insurance, Premera Blue Cross, Medica Central Health Plan, SCAN Health Plan, Scott and White Health Plan now part of Baylor Scott & White Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Citations & References
- Cigna-HealthSpring Rx, "http://www.cignamedicare.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "Drug coverage (part D)", Last Accessed September 20, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "How Part D works with other insurance", Last Accessed August 14, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "Catastrophic coverage", Last Accessed June 13, 2023
- SSA.gov, "Understanding the Extra Help With Your Medicare", Last Accessed February 9, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed January 15, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed January 15, 2023