Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus (Basic PDP) A 2022 Montana Medicare Part D Plan Review
Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus is a 2022 Basic Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan (PDP) from Mutual of Omaha Rx that's available to people with Original Medicare is private fee-for-service health insurance for people on Medicare. It has two parts. Part A is hospital coverage. Part B is medical coverage. in Montana. It is a cost-sharing plan with an Once you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,430.
- This is a basic benefit Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) from Mutual of Omaha Rx that is available to beneficiaries in Montana
- A basic benefit plan, like Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus, covers the minimum amount required by the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the U.S. Federal agency that runs the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs..
- The plan's premium is $78.80 per month.
- The plan's A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share. is $480.00 per year.
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help full Social Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- This plan is not a Senior Savings Model Plan.
- Basic plans typically offer less cost-sharing than plans with an enhanced benefit.
- Due to lower A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. , a basic benefit plan is generally the best option for most healthy people, even if the plan has a deductible.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Senior Savings Plan:||No|
|Insured By:||Mutual of Omaha Rx|
WARNING: Before enrolling in this or any other Medicare Part D plan, it is very important to understand what your costs will be for your regular prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this Mutual of Omaha Rx plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$78.80|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$0.00|
|Total Part D Premium:||$78.80|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$39.90|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$49.60|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$59.40|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$69.10|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $480.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before Mutual of Omaha Rx begins paying its share.
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus has A copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$0.00 copay||$5.00 copay|
|2 (Generic)||$2.00 copay||$8.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||20%||22%|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||37%||39%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
CMS Rating Marks and Our Review
This Medicare Part D plan gets 3.5 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus performs.
In terms of quality, safety, and customer service, this Montana Part D plan is just average. Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus does an average helping member when they call with an issue. When it comes to member complaints to Medicare, this plan does an average job. Members report that their experience with this plan is below average. Measuring drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing are one way we can measure quality, and this plan scores good at both.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. There are basic benefit plans with a lower monthly premium than this one. That's okay if the plan covers your prescriptions at the best price. Pay attention to the deductible. This plan is not like other plans. It does not exclude any tiers from the deductible. Other plans do.
Each year Medicare rates drug plans (Part D) in several major categories. These ratings are designed to help you understand the quality of care and service you can expect if you join this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Contact Mutual of Omaha Rx
|Plan Website:||Mutual of Omaha Rx Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||Mutual of Omaha Rx Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||Mutual of Omaha Rx Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Additional Basic Medicare Part D Plan Options in Montana
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- Wellcare Classic for Montana
- MedicareBlue Rx Standard for Montana
- SilverScript Choice for Montana
- Clear Spring Health Value Rx for Montana
- Cigna Secure Rx for Montana
Citations & References
- Mutual of Omaha Rx, "http://www.mutualofomaharx.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed April 28, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "What Medicare Part D drug plans cover", Last Accessed May 1, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Medicare costs at a glance", Last Accessed June 11, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Find your level of Extra Help (Part D)", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed October 26, 2021
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed October 6, 2021
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Montana information on this page was last updated on .