Elixir RxPlus (Enhanced PDP) A 2023 Mississippi Medicare Part D Plan Review
Elixir RxPlus is a 2023 Enhanced Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan (S7694-134) from EnvisionRx Plus that's available to beneficiaries enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan without Part D benefits or Medicare Part A and/or Part B.
This Mississippi Part D plan has an Once you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,660 and a $505.00 A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share. that must be paid before cost-sharing begins. This plan has an overall rating of 2.5 (Below Average) out of 5 stars.
- It is an enhanced benefit Medicare Part D plan from EnvisionRx Plus.
- The plan's monthly premium is $26.80, and there's a $505.00 annual deductible.
- Enhanced plans, like Elixir RxPlus, have a higher actuarial value than basic benefit plans.
- Actuarial value simply refers to the percentage of cost covered by the plan.
- Enhanced plans generally have higher monthly A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. than basic benefit plans but offer more benefits.
- This plan does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help program's full Social Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- It's important to remember that benefits vary from plan to plan.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||EnvisionRx Plus|
WARNING: Before enrolling in this or any other Medicare Part D plan, it is very important to understand what your costs will be for your regular prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Elixir RxPlus's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this EnvisionRx Plus plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$13.40|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$13.40|
|Total Part D Premium:||$26.80|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$13.40|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$16.70|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$20.10|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$23.40|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $505.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before EnvisionRx Plus begins paying its share.
NOTE: The deductible does not apply to one or more drug tiers in this plan (see "Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs" below).
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Elixir RxPlus has A copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay|
(deductible does not apply)
(deductible does not apply)
|2 (Generic)||$6.00 copay||$16.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||$43.00 copay||$47.00 copay|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||47%||50%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
A Brief Review and CMS 5-Star Rating Marks
This Medicare Part D plan gets 2.5 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Elixir RxPlus performs.
Way below Mississippi standards, we can't recommend this plan. Here's why. Mississippi seniors looking for a plan that prioritizes customer service may be disapointed with Elixir RxPlus because the plan's customer service score is below average. Medicare's complaint score on this plan is below average . Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this EnvisionRx Plus plan enjoy a good member experience. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. Most enhanced benefit plans have a higher premium than this one, but does it offer enhanced value on the medications you need? This plan does have an annual deductible, but one of the A formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a prescription drug plan or another insurance plan offering prescription drug benefits. Medications not on a plan's formulary are generally not covered. tiers is excluded (see table above).
Each year the The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the U.S. Federal agency that runs the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs. (CMS) rates drug plans (Part D) in four broad categories. We do not recommend joining a plan with an overall rating of less than 3.0. Here are the most recent CMS ratings for this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Additional Enhanced Medicare Part D Plan Options in Mississippi
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- SilverScript Plus
- Clear Spring Health Premier Rx
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Essential
- Humana Premier Rx Plan
- AARP MedicareRx Walgreens
Contact EnvisionRx Plus
|Plan Website:||EnvisionRx Plus Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage (MA), also known as Medicare Part C, are health plans from private insurance companies that are available to people eligible for Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B). program on www.medicare.gov.
Citations & References
- EnvisionRx Plus, "https://elixirinsurance.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed August 28, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "What Medicare Part D drug plans cover", Last Accessed July 1, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Catastrophic coverage", Last Accessed June 13, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Find your level of Extra Help (Part D)", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed October 15, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed October 17, 2022
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Mississippi information on this page was last updated on .