What is Dignity Health Plan (Local HMO I-SNP)?
Dignity Health Plan is a 2021 I-SNP Medicare Special Needs Plan, from Dignity Care, available in Saint Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- It's a Local HMO health plan for people living in a nursing home or who require skilled nursing care at home.
- It includes prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D).
- It offers the same health insurance benefits as Original Medicare.
- It offers extras that Medicare does not cover.
- Most of the costs of joining this Medicare Special Needs Plan will be covered for you.
How to Qualify to Enroll in Dignity Health Plan
If you qualify and enroll, this Local HMO plan replaces your Original Medicare coverage. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance).
- You live in the plan's service area.
- You live in an institution (like a nursing home), or you require nursing care at home.
IMPORTANT: If you qualify for this plan based on your institutional status, but you also qualify for Medicaid, be sure to ask if the plan coordinates your Medicaid services.
If you don't qualify to join an SNP plan like this one, you can compare Saint Martin Parish, LA Medicare Advantage plans. Another potential option to explore is a Louisiana supplemental Medicare plan and a stand-alone Medicare Part D plan in Louisiana.
Before Joining Dignity Health Plan, Consider These Questions:
- Does the plan's network include my nursing home or home care provider?
- What costs should I expect for my coverage (premiums, deductibles, copayments)?
- Is there an annual limit on my out-of-pocket expenses?
- Will I be able to use my doctors? Are they in the plan's network?
- Are the plan's in-network providers and facilities in convenient locations?
- Does the plan provide coverage for services I receive from out-of-network providers?
- Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
- Are my medications on the plan's formulary?
- What special accommodations does the plan make for persons with disabilities?
- What special language and cultural accommodations does the plan make?
How Much Does Dignity Health Plan Cost?
The premium on this plan is $30.00 per month. That includes your prescription drugs, as well. Plus, you must continue to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Co-payments and/or co-insurances also apply with most healthcare services, except preventive care mandated by CMS (see H8492-001 Summary of Benefits below).
Although the health plan itself does not have a deductible, the prescription drug plan does. It's $445.00 per year. That means you pay 100% of your prescription costs until you've spent $445.00, then the plan will begin paying it's share.
Dignity Health Plan is a new plan for 2021. As such it has not been rated by CMS.
NOTE: Many new plans enter the market with low premiums and low co-pays. Remember, it's important to evaluate plans every year. This is particularly true with new plans.
Dignity Health Plan Medicare Part D Co-Pays
This SNP plan includes prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D). If you have regular prescriptions, it's critical that you evaluate your costs using the plan's formulary.
In addition to the monthly premium and Part D deductible, the drug plan has copayments (fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (percentage) that you must pay when you pickup your medications. Here's the drug coverage schedule for this plan:
|Cost data not available.|
Contact Dignity Care
For more information about this plan, and other plans on this site, call 1-855-266-4865. You may also contact the plan:
For assistance 24 hours a day, call 800-633-4227. TTY users should call 877-486-2048. If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov. To learn more about this plan, visit the Dignity Care Medicare website.
Compare Plan Options
The average Louisiana senior compares three or more plan options before making an enrollment decision.
Dignity Health Plan is available to beneficiaries living in Breaux Bridge, Cade, Cecilia, Saint Martinville, and all other areas of Saint Martin Parish, Louisiana; Medicare plans are the same throughout the Parish.
Citations & References