What is UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist (Local HMO C-SNP)?
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist is a 2020 C-SNP Medicare Special Needs Plan, from UnitedHealthcare, available in Cache County, Utah.
- It's a Local HMO health plan.
- It includes prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D).
- It offers the same basic health insurance benefits as Original Medicare and additional benefits for special needs.
- It helps coordinate care for chronic conditions.
- Most of the costs of joining this Medicare Special Needs Plan will be covered for you.
How to Qualify to Enroll in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist
If you qualify and enroll, this Local HMO plan replaces your Original Medicare coverage. To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- You have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance).
- You live in the plan's service area.
- You have one or more of these severe or disabling chronic conditions:
- Chronic alcohol and other dependence
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cancer (excluding pre-cancer conditions)
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Chronic heart failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- End-stage liver disease
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requiring dialysis (any mode of dialysis)
- Severe hematologic disorders
- Chronic lung disorders
- Chronic and disabling mental health conditions
- Neurologic disorders
If you don't qualify to join this plan, be sure to compare Medicare Advantage plans available in Cache County, UT. A second option is to keep your original Medicare benefits and add a Utah Medigap plan and a stand-alone Utah Medicare Part D plan.
Before Joining UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist, Consider These Questions:
- If dual-eligible, does the plan coordinate my Medicare and Medicaid benefits to make them easily accessible?
- What costs should I expect for my coverage (premiums, deductibles, copayments)?
- Is there an annual limit on my out-of-pocket expenses?
- Will I be able to use my doctors? Are they in the plan's network?
- Are the plan's in-network providers and facilities in convenient locations?
- Does the plan provide coverage for services I receive from out-of-network providers?
- Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
- Are my medications on the plan's formulary?
- What special accommodations does the plan make for persons with disabilities?
- What special language and cultural accommodations does the plan make?
How Much Does UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist Cost?
The premium on this plan is $39.00 per month. That includes your prescription drugs, as well. Plus, you must continue to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Co-payments and/or co-insurances also apply with most healthcare services, except preventive care mandated by CMS (see H4604-017 Summary of Benefits below).
Although the health plan itself does not have a deductible, the prescription drug plan does. It's $200.00 per year. That means you pay 100% of your prescription costs until you've spent $200.00, then the plan will begin paying it's share.
Medicare 5-Star Ratings
In this section we show you the quality rating for this UnitedHealthcare plan. Each year CMS rates health plans (Part C) in five broad categories and drug plans (Part D) in four broad categories. We do not recommend joining a plan with an overall rating less than 3.0. The following marks will give you an idea of the level of care you will receive if you join this health plan.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist Medicare Part D Co-Pays
This SNP plan includes prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D). If you have regular prescriptions, it's critical that you evaluate your costs using the plan's formulary.
In addition to the monthly premium and Part D deductible, the drug plan has copayments (fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (percentage) that you must pay when you pickup your medications. Here's the drug coverage schedule for this plan:
|Cost data not available.|
How Much are the Copays & Co-Insurance?
Co-pay data coming soon. For assistance call: 1-855-266-4865.
For more information about this plan, and other plans on this site, call 1-855-266-4865. You may also contact the plan:
For assistance 24 hours a day, call 800-633-4227. TTY users should call 877-486-2048. If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov. To learn more about this plan, visit the UnitedHealthcare Medicare website.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Assist is available to beneficiaries living in Cache Junction, Clarkston, Cornish, Hyde Park, Hyrum, Lewiston, Logan, Mendon, Millville, Newton, Paradise, Providence, Richmond, Smithfield, Trenton, Wellsville, and all other areas of Cache County, Utah; Medicare plans are the same throughout the County.