The best way to reduce the cost of Medicare is to get healthy and stay healthy.
I was reminded of this recently when my good friend, Rich, suffered a heart attack. He has recovered, lost over 75 pounds, his inflammation is gone, and his blood pressure is normal again. And he did it in less than six months!
Pre-register for MedicareWire Plus
We aim to create a free community of like-minded individuals motivated to improve and maintain their health and wellness through better living. Here are just a few reasons to join us:
- Supportive, online community encouraging you to reach and maintain your health goals.
- Assessment tools to help you understand your health risks.
- Diet and activity planners to help you reach your goals.
- Facebook-like profiles, member posts, likes and comments, and direct messages so you can share your progress, tips, encouragement, and success.
- Delicious recipes for healthy living.
- Easy activities for improved physical and mental fitness.
- Wellness product reviews (what works and what doesn’t).
- Medicare health plan review system (so you can share your experience, because people need to know).
More About Richie’s Success
Rich and I have been close friends since 2013. However, until 6 months ago, I had not seen Rich since before the pandemic because I moved.
In that period, Rich’s health went from borderline to critical. He could no longer work, became homeless, and ultimately turned to Social Security Disability Insurance for survival.
That’s when I offered up my spare bedroom, but only on the condition that he submit to getting healthy again. Less than 30 days after he arrived, my worst fear came true.
He had a heart attack brought on by clogged arteries and excessively high blood pressure.
Rich had serious health issue brought on from years of smoking, bad diet, over eating, and no exercise. On top of the high blood pressure, he was also pre-diabetic.
We turned Rich’s health around in record time through a simple formula of healthy foods, walking, and household chores. Here are all of the items Rich cut out of his diet and daily routine:
- Soft drinks
- Potatoes, rice, bread, and pasta
- Processed foods
- Table salt
We replaced what he was eating with a modified Mediterranean diet, including vegetables, melon, herbs, nuts, beans, oats, fish, chicken, and a limited amount of red meat and dairy.
We replaced his inactivity with daily walking (he’s now up to three miles a day), fishing, motorcycle riding. All activities he loves.
His results are spectacular, blowing away his doctor at his last checkup. Best of all, he’s now off of Social Security Disability Insurance and back to work again after finishing truck driving school.
I’m very proud of Rich for making such an amazing comeback. I can’t wait for him to share his story, and what it has been like fully recovering, on MedicareWire is a Medicare insurance consulting agency. We founded MedicareWire after seeing and hearing how confusing and frustrating it is to find, understand, and choose a plan. Our services are free to the consumer. Plus.
Don’t miss our Grand Opening, pre-register now!