Elixir RxSecure (Basic PDP) A 2023 Louisiana Medicare Part D Plan Review
Elixir RxSecure is a 2023 Basic Medicare Part DMedicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each... plan (S7694-021) from EnvisionRx Plus that's available to people with Medicare Part A and/or Part B, or a Medicare Advantage plan that does not include prescription benefits, in Louisiana.
This is a cost-sharing plan that has an initial coverage limitOnce you have met your yearly deductible, you will pay a copayment or coinsurance for each covered drug until you reach the initial coverage limit. You will then enter your plan’s coverage gap (aka, “donut... of $4,660 and a $505.00 annual deductibleA deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share.. CMS rated this plan 2.5 (Below Average) out of 5 stars.
- Elixir RxSecure is a basic benefit Medicare Part D plan (PDP).
- Basic benefit simply means that EnvisionRx Plus covers the minimum amount required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid ServicesThe Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the U.S. Federal agency that runs the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Programs., whereas enhanced benefit plans cover more.
- The plan's monthly premium is $57.00.
- Member's pay a $505.00 annual deductible.
- Elixir RxSecure does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help full low-income subsidySocial Security's Low-Income Subsidy (LIS) program helps Medicare beneficiaries pay for their Medicare Part D prescription drugs by paying some of the costs. Also known as "Extra Help", beneficiaries who qualify for LIS receive premium....
- Nearly a third of all enhanced plans charge more than the average for preferred brand name drugs, and over 50% charge more for non-preferred brand drugs.
- For most people, a basic plan is their best bet, due to lower premiumsA premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. and lower cost-sharing, even if the plan has a deductible.
- It's important to remember that benefits vary from plan to plan.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||EnvisionRx Plus|
WARNING: Before enrolling in a Part D plan, take the time to evaluate the cost of your regular prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Elixir RxSecure's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this EnvisionRx Plus plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$57.00|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$0.00|
|Total Part D Premium:||$57.00|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$18.60|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$28.20|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$37.80|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$47.40|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $505.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before EnvisionRx Plus begins paying its share.
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Elixir RxSecure has copaymentsA copayment, also known as a copay, is a set dollar amount you are required to pay for a medical service. (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay||$10.00 copay|
|2 (Generic)||$4.00 copay||$12.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||15%||18%|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||37%||40%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
Our Review & 2023 CMS Rating Marks
This Medicare Part D plan gets 2.5 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Elixir RxSecure performs.
Think twice before joining this sub-par Medicare Part D plan. Louisiana seniors looking for a plan that prioritizes customer service may be disapointed with Elixir RxSecure because the plan's customer service score is below average. Medicare's complaint score on this plan is below average . Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this EnvisionRx Plus plan enjoy a good member experience. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
The true value of any Medicare Part D plan can only be judged by how well it covers your medications. Some basic benefit plans have a lower monthly cost than this one. If this plan covers your prescriptions at the best price, it's fine. Watch out for the plan's deductible. Unlike some other plans, this plan does not exempt any tiers in its formularyA formulary is a list of prescription drugs covered by a prescription drug plan or another insurance plan offering prescription drug benefits. Medications not on a plan's formulary are generally not covered..
Each year the Centers for Medicare & MedicaidMedicaid is a public health insurance program that provides health care coverage to low-income families and individuals in the United States. Services (CMS) rates drug plans (Part D) in four broad categories. We do not recommend joining a plan with an overall rating of less than 3.0. Here are the most recent CMS ratings for this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Additional Basic Medicare Part D Plan Options in Louisiana
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- SilverScript Choice
- Clear Spring Health Value Rx
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus
- Humana Basic Rx Plan
- Cigna Secure Rx
Contact EnvisionRx Plus
|Plan Website:||EnvisionRx Plus Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare AdvantageMedicare Advantage (MA), also known as Medicare Part C, are health plans from private insurance companies that are available to people eligible for Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B). program on www.medicare.gov.
Citations & References
- EnvisionRx Plus, "https://elixirinsurance.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2021
- Medicare.gov, "Drug coverage (part D)", Last Accessed September 21, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "How Part D works with other insurance", Last Accessed August 14, 2022
- Medicare.gov, "Costs for Medicare drug coverage", Last Accessed June 3, 2022
- SSA.gov, "Understanding the Extra Help With Your Medicare", Last Accessed June 9, 2022
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed January 15, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed January 15, 2023
The 2023 Medicare Part D Plans for Louisiana information on this page was last updated on .