Elixir RxSecure is a Basic Part D plan (Plan ID: S7694-025) from EnvisionRx Plus that's available to people with Original Medicare, or a Medicare Advantage plan without Part D benefits, in Iowa.
This 2023 plan has a $505.00 annual deductible and an initial coverage limit of $4,660. This plan is rated 2.5 (Below Average) stars by CMS.
GET NOTIFIED: 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification
- This is a basic benefit Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) from EnvisionRx Plus.
- A basic benefit plan, like Elixir RxSecure, covers the minimum amount required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- The plan's premium is $73.20 per month.
- The plan's deductible is $505.00 per year.
- Elixir RxSecure does not offer additional coverage in the coverage gap (aka, "donut hole").
- This plan does not qualify for the Extra Help full low-income subsidy.
- Basic plans typically offer less cost-sharing than plans with an enhanced benefit.
- Due to lower premiums, a basic benefit plan is generally the best option for most healthy people, even if the plan has a deductible.
- 2024 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan information for Elixir RxSecure will be published in early October. Sign-up to be notified.
|Rx Gap Coverage:||No|
|Low Income Subsidy:||No|
|Insured By:||EnvisionRx Plus|
WARNING: Drug costs vary widely between pharmacies and plans. It is important to carefully consider your personal prescription costs before you enroll in a prescription drug plan.
Please note that 2024 Medicare Part D information from EnvisionRx Plus will not be available until early October.
Sign-Up for 2024 Medicare Part D Plan Notification.
Prescription Drug Plan Premium
Although Elixir RxSecure's monthly premium is bundled with the total plan cost, some plans have supplemental costs and/or offer low-income subsidy (LIS) assistance. The following table outlines the premium details of this EnvisionRx Plus plan.
|Basic Part D Premium:||$73.20|
|Supplemental Part D Premium:||$0.00|
|Total Part D Premium:||$73.20|
|Part D Premium with Full LIS Assistance:||$33.30|
|Part D Premium with 75% LIS Assistance:||$43.30|
|Part D Premium with 50% LIS Assistance:||$53.30|
|Part D Premium with 25% LIS Assistance:||$63.20|
For more information about the Low-Income Subsidy (aka, "Extra Help") program, refer to the Social Security Extra Help page.
Prescription Drug Plan Deductible
The Medicare Part D annual deductible with this plan is $505.00. This is the amount you must pay at the pharmacy before EnvisionRx Plus begins paying its share.
Prescription Drug Plan Out-of-Pocket Costs
In addition to the plan's monthly premium and deductible, Elixir RxSecure has copayments (a fixed dollar amount) and/or coinsurances (a percentage amount) that you must pay when you pick up your prescriptions. The following table shows you those costs.
|1 (Preferred Generic)||$1.00 copay||$10.00 copay|
|2 (Generic)||$4.00 copay||$12.00 copay|
|3 (Preferred Brand)||15%||18%|
|4 (Non-Preferred Drug)||38%||41%|
|5 (Specialty Tier)||25%||25%|
CMS Rating Marks and Our Review
This Medicare Part D plan gets 2.5 out of 5 stars overall. Here's our quick summary of how well Elixir RxSecure performs.
You have options, and this one is below average. Iowa seniors looking for a plan that prioritizes customer service may be disapointed with Elixir RxSecure because the plan's customer service score is below average. Medicare's complaint score on this plan is below average . Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in this EnvisionRx Plus plan enjoy a good member experience. When it comes to drug safety and the accuracy of drug pricing, this plan is below average.
You can't judge a Part D plan on its monthly premium or annual deductible. You have to look at the overall cost of your prescriptions. You can find basic benefits plans that have a lower monthly fee than this one. That's OK if the plan covers your prescriptions at the lowest possible price. Pay attention to the deductible. This plan is not like other plans. It does not exclude any tiers from the deductible. Other plans do.
Each year Medicare rates drug plans (Part D) in several major categories. These ratings are designed to help you understand the quality of care and service you can expect if you join this plan:
|CMS Measure||Star Rating|
|Overall Plan Rating|
|Drug Plan Customer Service|
|Complaints and Changes in the Drug Plan|
|Member Experience with the Drug Plan|
|Drug Safety and Accuracy of Drug Pricing|
Additional Basic Medicare Part D Plan Options in Iowa
Here are some additional plans in your area that might be worth reviewing:
- Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus
- AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus
- SilverScript Choice
- Cigna Secure Rx
- Humana Basic Rx Plan
Contact EnvisionRx Plus
Call 1-855-728-0510 (TTY 711) to speak with a licensed insurance agent (Mon-Sun 8am-11pm EST) and learn more about this Medicare Part D plan and other plans on this site. You may also Enroll Online using our safe and secure online enrollment website or take advantage of the following plan resources:
|Plan Website:||EnvisionRx Plus Plan Information|
|Formulay Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Formulary Information|
|Pharmacy Information:||EnvisionRx Plus Pharmacy Information|
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov.
Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and benefits offered by the following carriers: Aetna Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aspire Health Plan, Centene Corporation, Dean Health Plan, Devoted Health, GlobalHealth, Health Care Service Corporation, Cigna-HealthSpring, Humana, Molina Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Oscar Health Insurance, Premera Blue Cross, Medica Central Health Plan, SCAN Health Plan, Scott and White Health Plan now part of Baylor Scott & White Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Citations & References
- EnvisionRx Plus, "https://elixirinsurance.com", Last Accessed October 15, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "How to get prescription drug coverage", Last Accessed August 28, 2023
- Benefits.gov, "Medicare Prescription Drug Plans", Last Accessed September 1, 2023
- Medicare.gov, "Medicare costs at a glance", Last Accessed June 11, 2023
- SSA.gov, "Apply for Medicare Part D Extra Help program", Last Accessed July 9, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Landscape Source Files", Last Accessed January 15, 2023
- CMS.gov, "Medicare Part C & D Performance", Last Accessed January 15, 2023