HumanaChoice R0110-003 is a 2022 Medicare Advantage PPO plan from Humana that's available to Medicare beneficiaries living in La Salle Parish, Louisiana.
- It is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plan.
- It has the same major health insurance benefits as Original Medicare is private fee-for-service health insurance for people on Medicare. It has two parts. Part A is hospital coverage. Part B is medical coverage.....
- It offers extra benefits that Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B do not cover.
- There's a $5 copayment to see your primary care physician (Doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and other healthcare providers that agree to health plan members' services and supplies at a set price are in-network providers. With some health plans, your care is only covered if you get...).
- The monthly premium is $110.00 (plus your monthly The Medicare Part B premium is the monthly charge paid by beneficiaries for their outpatient medical care, services, and supplies. A beneficiary's premium may be uplifted by an IRMAA surcharge if their income is above...).
- The health plan does not have an annual A deductible is an amount a beneficiary must pay for their health care expenses before the health insurance policy begins to pay its share.....
- The maximum Out-of-Pocket Costs for Medicare are the remaining costs that are not covered by the beneficiary's health insurance plan. These costs can come from the beneficiary's monthly premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments.... with this plan is $7,550 (in-network).
- It includes a prescription drug plan (Medicare Part D plans are an option Medicare beneficiaries can use to get prescription drug coverage. Part D plans provide cost-sharing on covered medications in four different phases: deductible, initial coverage, coverage gap, and catastrophic. Each...). The annual Part D deductible is $400.00.
This Humana PPO plan allows you to choose your own primary care doctor, specialists, and other healthcare providers in La Salle Parish. In most cases healthcare providers in the plan's provider network cost less.
HumanaChoice R0110-003's monthly premium in La Salle Parish is $110.00. That includes your prescription coverage, as well. Plus, you must continue to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Some Medicare Advantage (MA), also known as Medicare Part C, are health plans from private insurance companies that are available to people eligible for Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B).... include a monthly Part B premium reduction, also known as the Medicare give back. This plan's Part B premium reduction is NONE.
Co-payments and/or co-insurances also apply with most healthcare services, except preventive care mandated by CMS (see R0110-003 Summary of Benefits).
Although the health plan itself does not have a deductible, the prescription drug plan does. It's $400.00 per year. That means you pay 100% of your prescription costs until you've spent $400.00, then the plan will begin paying it's share.
IMPORTANT: When evaluating HumanaChoice R0110-003, look past the monthly premium. Identify the costs of the healthcare services you use most. Only then will you uncover the plan's value for your personal situation.
Maximum Out-of-Pocket (MOOP) Limit
Unlike Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans must set an annual Maximum Out-of-Pocket limit on inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. The HumanaChoice R0110-003 plan MOOP is $7,550 . Once you reach this amount of spending on your copayments, all of your Medicare Part A and Part B services will be covered at no additional charge for the remainder of the year.
NOTE: MOOP does not include what you spend on monthly A premium is an amount that an insurance policyholder must pay for coverage. Premiums are typically paid on a monthly basis. In the federal Medicare program, there are four different types of premiums. .... It also does not apply to your prescription drugs, Part D deductible, or any other extra benefits bundled in the plan.
CRITICAL: Be sure to evaluate the annual premiums and MOOP of HumanaChoice R0110-003 versus what you might expect to pay for a Medicare Supplements are additional insurance policies that Medicare beneficiaries can purchase to cover the gaps in their Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B) health insurance coverage.... in La Salle Parish. Some Medicare Supplements offer less overall financial risk than Medicare Advantage plans with a similar annual cost.
If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov. To learn more about this plan, visit the Humana Medicare website.
Additional Medicare Plan Options in La Salle Parish
Are you eligible for a La Salle Parish, LA Medicare Special Needs Plan (SNP)? SNPs are a special type of Medicare Advantage plan designed to help people with special needs. Here are some of the SNP plans in your area:
- Wellcare Dual Access (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Humana Gold Plus SNP-DE H1951-041 (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Wellcare Dual Freedom (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Vantage DUAL PLUS (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Healthy Blue Dual Advantage (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
Not qualified for an SNP? Here are some additional plans you might consider:
- Peoples Health Choices (PPO)
- Blue Advantage (PPO)
- Wellcare Assist (HMO)
- Vantage STANDARD (HMO-POS)
- Lasso Healthcare Growth (MSA)