Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 2021 Medicare Advantage HMO Plan for Morehouse Parish, LA
Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 is a Medicare Advantage plan, from Humana, that's available to beneficiaries living in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana.
- It's a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) health plan.
- It includes a prescription drug plan.
- It has the same health insurance benefits as Original Medicare.
- It offers extras that Original Medicare does not cover.
- The maximum out-of-pocket cost with this plan is $6,700 .
- The monthly premium is $0.00 (plus your Part B premium).
Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 vs. Original Medicare in Morehouse Parish, LA
This HMO plan replaces your Part A and Part B Medicare coverage with a managed care health plan in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana. If you enroll in Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 you agree to let Humana manage your Medicare benefits, including:
- Medicare Part A (hospital insurance).
- Medicare Part B (medical insurance).
- Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage).
- Additional benefits included in the plan not covered by Medicare.
- Emergency medical coverage when you travel outside of your county (USA and it's territories only).
The benefit of an HMO plan, like Humana Gold Plus H1951-049, is predictable out-of-pocket expenses. Although more restrictive than Original Medicare, HMOs limit your annual out-of-pocket costs. With traditional Medicare there's no cap, leaving you vulnerable to excessive medical bills.
Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 Review
These are the areas of the plan that are important to compare and review:
- Premium: This is the amount you will pay monthly, above and beyond your Medicare Part B.
- Maximum-Out-Of-Pocket (MOOP): This is the most you will pay for co-pays and co-insurance before the plan pays 100%.
- CMS Ratings: Important measurements across 9 different areas that will help you understand how well this plan will care for you.
- Prescription Coverage: Medications are expensive, so you'll want to know how this plan covers your prescriptions.
- Co-pays & Co-insurance: If you see the doctor regularly, including specialists, you need to know what you'll pay for each visit.
IMPORTANT: With an HMO you are required to use healthcare providers in the plan's network. If you don't you will incur additional costs. Also, be aware that your primary care physician must refer you before you can see a specialist.
CRITICAL: Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 includes a Medicare Drug Plan which has its own deductible and co-pays. If you have regular prescriptions, make sure they are covered at a favorable price before you join this plan. Prescription drug plans vary significantly by plan. Make sure you have the best coverage.
Humana Gold Plus H1951-049's monthly premium in Morehouse Parish is $0.00. That includes your prescription coverage, as well. Plus, you must continue to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Co-payments and/or co-insurances also apply with most healthcare services, except preventive care mandated by CMS (see H1951-049 Summary of Benefits).
Although the health plan itself does not have a deductible, the prescription drug plan does. It's $0.00 per year. That means you have first dollar coverage.
IMPORTANT: When evaluating Humana Gold Plus H1951-049, look past the monthly premium. Identify the costs of the healthcare services you use most. Only then will you uncover the plan's value for your personal situation.
Maximum Out-of-Pocket (MOOP) Limit
Unlike Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans must set an annual Maximum Out-of-Pocket limit on inpatient and outpatient healthcare services. The Humana Gold Plus H1951-049 plan MOOP is $6,700 . Once you reach this amount of spending on your co-payments, all of your Medicare Part A and Part B services will be covered at no additional charge.
Plans can set their MOOP at a voluntary level of $0 to $3,400 (for in-network services) or a mandatory $3,401 to $6,700 (in-network). Combined totals for in-network and out-of-network are generally higher.
NOTE: MOOP does not include what you spend on monthly premiums. It also does not apply to your prescription drugs or Part D deductible.
CRITICAL: It is important to evaluate the combined annual MA/MAPD premiums and MOOP versus what you might expect to pay for a Medicare Supplement in Morehouse Parish. Some Medicare Supplements offer less overall financial risk than Medicare Advantage.
For more information about this plan, and other plans on this site, call 1-855-266-4865. You may also contact the plan:
For assistance 24 hours a day, call 800-633-4227. TTY users should call 877-486-2048. If you qualify for Medicare but have not yet enrolled or verified your enrollment status, you can do so on the Social Security Administration website. You can learn more about the Medicare Advantage program on www.medicare.gov. To learn more about this plan, visit the Humana Medicare website.
Compare Plan Options
The average Louisiana senior compares three or more plan options before making an enrollment decision.
Additional Medicare Plan Options in Morehouse Parish
Are you eligible for a Morehouse Parish, LA Medicare Special Needs Plan (SNP)? SNPs are a special type of Medicare Advantage plan designed to help people with special needs. Here are some of the SNP plans in your area:
- Dignity Health Plan (Local HMO), for Institutional beneficiaries
- Healthy Blue Dual Advantage (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Vantage DUAL PLUS (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Humana Gold Plus SNP-DE H1951-041 (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
- Peoples Health Secure Choice (Local HMO), for Dual-Eligible beneficiaries
Not qualified for an SNP? Here are some additional plans you might consider:
- Vantage TRADITIONAL PLUS (HMO-POS)
- Vantage 100 (HMO-POS)
- Lasso Healthcare Growth (MSA)
- HumanaChoice H5216-202 (PPO)
- Vantage BASIC (HMO-POS)