About IHC Bay Dental Plan for Vermont Medicare Beneficiaries
IHC Bay Dental Plan, by The IHC Group, is a Dental PPO (Preferred Provider Organization or Participating Provider Organization) insurance plan for Vermont seniors. It's the most common type of dental insurance, and they almost always require you to pay a deductible.
Unlike an HMO, a dental PPO allows you to use a dentist outside of the network. However, when you use a network dentist you pay reduced rates. When you use a network dentist, you will typically pay a certain percentage (e.g. 20%) of the reduced rate (co-payment), and the insurance company pays the remainder (e.g. 80%).
Be sure to compare IHC Bay Dental Plan with other PPO dental insurance in Vermont before you choose.
The monthly premium with the IHC Bay Dental Plan plan starts at about $20.92. This is an estimated rate for a 65 year old woman living in Vermont that does not use tobacco. This is an insurance product, so you'll need to get a quote to get the exact cost for your situation.
The following table lists the standardized core benefits with this plan. IHC Bay Dental Plan may have additional coverages and benefits listed in the plan brochure (downloadable pdf).
Contact The IHC Group
Here's their contact information:
- New Member Services: 800-228-6790
- The IHC Group Website
We recommend comparing IHC Bay Dental Plan with these quality Vermont dental plans:
IHC Bay Dental Plan is available in Burlington, Essex, South Burlington, Colchester, Rutland, Montpelier, and most other cities and towns in Vermont.
The dental plan information on MedicareWire is a Medicare insurance consulting agency. We founded MedicareWire after seeing and hearing how confusing and frustrating it is to find, understand, and choose a plan. Our services are free to the consumer. is maintained by David Bynon and was last updated on .