How-to replace a Medicare Card.
- Make sure your address is correct at Social Security.
- Login to your MyMedicare.gov account.
- Select the “Order Card” button located on the Replacement Medicare Card tab.
- Wait… your replacement card will arrive within 4 weeks.
- You can also visit www.ssa.gov or call the national number at (800) 772-1213.
Be aware that replacement Medicare cards can only be sent to your address of record on file with the Social Security Administration. If you’ve moved, it’s critical that you call SSA to let them know.
Also, for your protection, you cannot order more than one replacement Medicare card in a 30 day period.
Your Medicare card is your only proof that you are entitled to receive Medicare healthcare benefits. Protect it!