Nursing Homes in Gaston County
There are 10 skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes in Gaston County, North Carolina. Each facility accepts new Medicare patients and is regularly inspected by CMS. If you do not find a nursing home in your area that is suitable to you then you will need to look in a nieghboring county or state.
The one to five star rankings are taken from data provided by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The government sets quality standards for all nursing homes enrolled in Medicare or Medicaid. This is why we only list the Medicare approved homes.
Nursing Homes Inspections in Gaston County
All nursing homes in Gaston County, North Carolina that accept payment from the Medicare or Medicaid programs are highly regulated by both the state and federal government. State run inspection teams conduct health inspections every 12 to 15 months. Inspections cover a wide range of health and safety checks (over 180 items). The North Carolina based inspectors also investigate health-related complaints from residents and family.
Skilled nursing facility health inspectors evaluate food preparation, adequacy of infection control, medication management, residents’ rights, quality of life, proper skin care, and other critical areas. The five star rating assigned to each nursing home is based on the deficiencies uncovered by the inspection. In addition to health safety, inspectors check for compliance with fire safety regulations, but these safety issues do not factor into the final CMS rating.
Related Facilities and Insurance for Seniors in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Community Health Clinics in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Skilled Nursing Facilities in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Hospitals Approved by CMS in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Home Health Care Agencies in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Medicare Advantage Plans in Gaston County, North Carolina
- Medicare Supplements (Medigap) in North Carolina
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans in North Carolina
- Dental Insurance Available in North Carolina
- Medicaid Programs in North Carolina
- Medicare Scooters and Mobility Aids