Medicare Advantage Plans by North Carolina County
Greetings North Carolina seniors, and welcome! If you’re looking for a Medicare Advantage Plan for North Carolina seniors with Medicare, you’re in the right place. An Advantage Plan is an approved HMO or PPO healthcare plan that you can elect to replace your Original Medicare private-fee-for-service benefits. They are designed to save you money and reduce your financial risk.
Rural counties in North Carolina may have few HMO or PPO health plans, or possibly none at all. Advantage Plan providers uses hospital and doctor networks to provide care. Find your county below to start comparing plans..
Locate a Medicare Agent in North Carolina!
Ready to get quotes? We keep a up-to-date list of Medicare insurance agents licensed to sell plans in North Carolina. Click Here Now to meet your agents. Get confidential quotes online to find the best rate.
Medigap & Medicare Part D vs. Medicare Advantage: Best North Carolina Full-Coveral Health Insurance
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in North Carolina, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in North Carolina are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
North Carolina Medicare Advantage Enrollment Options
Medicare Advantage open enrollment for North Carolina beneficiaries, called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), happens every year starting on the 1st of October. AEP ends on the 7th of December, and your new plan election starts on the 1st of January. If you are new to Medicare, you are given a one-time Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most folks, their IEP happens then they reach age 65. In rare cases, Medicare will grant a special enrollment period. If you miss your IEP or the AEP, you’ll have to wait until the next AEP to enroll, so mark your calendar.
If you are ready to enroll in an North Carolina MA plan, but you’re not sure how, relax, because it’s easy. To get started you’ll need a Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is licensed in your state to sell health and life insurance products. Plus, they are experts on the latest plans available, and they are required by law to follow strict selling and marketing guidelines. It’s all for your protection. If you prefer, you can purchase plans directly through Medicare.gov, as well. Click here to get started.
North Carolina Medicare Advantage Plans vs. Obamacare
Do you have questions about how Obamacare affects MA plans in 2014? Trust me, you’re not alone. Quite a few North Carolina seniors are confused. What you really need to know is that the new healthcare law does not affect Medicare Advantage plans in so far as the consumer is concerned. The carriers have a few more regulations, but nothing that will affect your plan and plan choices in 2014.
In case you are wondering if you can buy Medicare Advantage or additional health plan benefits on the North Carolina Health Insurance Exchange (HIX), the answer is no. Medicare beneficiaries do not qualify for any Obamacare health plans, and you cannot trade or upgrade Medicare benefits for Obamacare benefits. The two are mutually exclusive. North Carolina Medicare beneficiaries who call the HIX toll-free number will be redirected to Medicare.gov. Read more about the Affordable Care Act at www.HealthCare.gov.
About Our North Carolina Medicare Advantage (Part C) Information
MedicareWire.com receives Medicare health insurance information from public files on the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website. Although we do our best to regularly update our databases, we are not able to ensure the exactness of the information. You must use a licensed insurance agent to get an accurate and binding quote. For additional helpful information visit CMS on the web at http://cms.gov.
Related Senior Health Plans in North Carolina
- Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO Plans in North Carolina
- North Carolina Medigap Medicare Supplements
- Dental Plans for North Carolina Seniors
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans for North Carolina Seniors
Medicare Advantage Plans in North Carolina
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in North Carolina, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- HumanaChoice R5826-079
- HumanaChoice R5826-003
- HumanaChoice R5826-063
- Blue Medicare PPO Enhanced
- Blue Medicare PPO Enhanced Freedom
- Blue Medicare HMO Enhanced
- Blue Medicare HMO Standard
- Blue Medicare HMO Medical Only
- Today"s Options Premier 200
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 250A
- AARP MedicareComplete Essential
- Today’s Options Premier 900
- Any, Any, Any Gold
- Any, Any, Any Gold MA Only
- Today"s Options Premier 400
- Humana Gold Choice
- AARP MedicareComplete
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-063
- HumanaChoice H3405-007
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 550A
- HumanaChoice H3405-002
- Advantra Gold
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 950B
- Humana Gold Plus H1036-138
- Care Improvement Plus Medicare Advantage
- Presidential Plus
- Ambassador Plus
- Patriot Plus
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 950D
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450B
- Aetna Medicare Value Plan
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450D
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx
- HumanaChoice H3405-008
- Humana Gold Plus H1036-137
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred
- AARP MedicareComplete Plus
- HumanaChoice H3405-001
- FirstMedicare Direct HMO Plus
- Today’s Options Premier 500
- FirstMedicare Direct PPO Plus
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450C
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-133
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 950B
- Today"s Options Advantage Plus 250A
- HumanaChoice H3405-005
- Universal Hassle-Free MA Only
- Universal Hassle-Free
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 950E
- Today"s Options Advantage Plus 450B
- Today’s Options Premier 300
- Today"s Options Premier Plus 450E
- Humana Gold Plus