Medicare Advantage Plans by New Jersey County
Welcome New Jersey seniors! This page has the complete list of Medicare Advantage Plans for New Jersey beneficiaries. Health plans are organized by county to make them easy to find. A Medicare Advantage plan replace your Original Medicare benefits with government approved private healthcare insurance (HMO or PPO) that saves money.
Be aware that some New Jersey counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Get Quotes From Licensed New Jersey Medicare Agents!
Local Medicare insurance agents want to compete for your business. All agents are licensed to quote and sell plans in the state of New Jersey. Click Here to see your exclusive agents and request your confidential quotes.
Medigap & Medicare Part D vs. Medicare Advantage: Best New Jersey Full-Coveral Health Insurance
A Medicare Advantage plan is one option for full coverage health insurance, but you have a second option that works with your Original Medicare. You can keep your Part A and Part B coverage and supplement it with a Medigap policy and a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. If you’re not familiar with Medigap policies in New Jersey, and how they pay your deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, read our Medicare Supplement page. All Medigap plans available in New Jersey are standardized. That means a Plan F, as an example, has the same benefits from every company that sells it. The only difference is the monthly premium
Medicare Advantage Enrollment in New Jersey
Medicare Advantage open enrollment for New Jersey beneficiaries, called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), happens every year starting on the 1st of October. AEP ends on the 7th of December, and your new plan election starts on the 1st of January. If you are new to Medicare, you are given a one-time Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most folks, their IEP happens then they reach age 65. In rare cases, Medicare will grant a special enrollment period. If you miss your IEP or the AEP, you’ll have to wait until the next AEP to enroll, so mark your calendar.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in New Jersey use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
New Jersey Medicare Advantage Plans vs. Obamacare
Concerned that Obamacare is doing away with or cutting your Medicare Advantage benefits or choices? Don’t worry, it’s not. At least not in 2014. New Jersey seniors still have all of the same benefits and choices. The new healthcare law (ACA) leaves MA plans alone, from your perspective, but adds new regulations for the insurance carriers.
In case you are wondering if you can buy Medicare Advantage or additional health plan benefits on the New Jersey Health Insurance Exchange (HIX), the answer is no. Medicare beneficiaries do not qualify for any Obamacare health plans, and you cannot trade or upgrade Medicare benefits for Obamacare benefits. The two are mutually exclusive. New Jersey Medicare beneficiaries who call the HIX toll-free number will be redirected to Medicare.gov. Read more about the Affordable Care Act at www.HealthCare.gov.
New Jersey Medicare Advantage Plan Information
The healthcare insurance information provided on MedicareWire.com is derived from data files published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). We make every attempt to keep our databases up-to-date. In spite of this, we simply cannot ensure the exactness of the details and only a licensed insurance agent can give you quote. For additional information go to the CMS website at: http://cms.gov.
Related Senior Health Insurance in New Jersey
- Medicare Advantage Plans for New Jersey Beneficiaries
- New Jersey Medicare Supplement Insurance
- New Jersey Dental Insurance for Seniors
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans for New Jersey Seniors
Medicare Advantage Plans in New Jersey
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in New Jersey, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access w/Rx Enhanced
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access w/ Rx Std
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/ Rx Enhanced
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value
- Horizon Medicare Blue Access
- AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Rx
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan
- AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Medical Only
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/ Rx Std
- Horizon Medicare Blue Choice w/Rx
- Aetna Medicare Standard Plan
- Aetna Medicare Value Plan
- Aetna Medicare Basic Plan
- AARP MedicareComplete Essential
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1
- Amerivantage Balance + Rx
- Horizon Medicare Blue Value w/ Rx
- WellCare Value
- Bravo Premier Plus
- Bravo Classic Plus
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs
- Geisinger Gold Preferred 100 $0 Deductible Rx
- Erickson Advantage Freedom
- Geisinger Gold Preferred 200
- Geisinger Gold Reserve 100
- Geisinger Gold Preferred 200 $0 Deductible Rx
- Geisinger Gold Classic 100 Plus
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 2
- Geisinger Gold Classic 300 $0 Deductible Rx
- Geisinger Gold Preferred 100
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs
- Geisinger Gold Classic 100 Plus $0 Deductible Rx
- Horizon Medicare Blue
- CarePoint Advantage
- Bravo-HealthSpring Classic
- Bravo-HealthSpring Premier