Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage for Lauderdale, AL
Medicare Advantage Plan Summary & Benefits
Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) healthcare plan for seniors and other beneficiaries residing in Lauderdale County, AL. It includes all of the benefits of Original Medicare and may include prescription drug coverage and other extras. The primary benefit of an HMO is that the out-of-pocket costs are lower and more predictable than with other types of plans.
Please note: You must use plan providers to avoid incurring additional costs. You will be responsible for the costs of out of network care. Referrals may be required for all but primary care physician visits.
The health care benefit information provided here is an overview only and not a comprehensive description of available benefits. Additional information about the plan benefits is available from your agent.
Summary of Benefits
When this page was published the Summary of Benefits document for this 2014 health plan was not available. Please Ask an Agent for the Summary of Benefits documentation before choosing this plan.
The monthly premium for this health insurance plan in Lauderdale County is $0.00 plus your monthly Medicare Part B premium. Most Medicare beneficiaries pay the standard monthly Part B premium in addition to their MA or MAPD plan premium. However, some beneficiaries are required to pay slightly higher Part B and Medicare Part D premiums because of their income (over $85,000 per year for singles or $170,000 for married couples), or due to late enrollment penalties.
Part D Prescription Drug Plan Information
The Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage plan does not include prescription drug coverage.
Maximum Out of Pocket (MOOP) Benefit
The new healthcare law allows for a maximum limit of $6,700 on your out of pocket medical costs for 2014 Medicare Advantage plans. This amount is commonly called the plan MOOP (Maximum Out of Pocket). A plan's MOOP does not include your prescription drugs or the monthly premiums you pay for your health plan. Although the mandatory MOOP limit is $6,700, the Affordable Care Act law allows for a “Voluntary MOOP” that can be as low as $3,400. The MOOP on this plan is $6,700 .
Most Medicare health plans require you to make a co-payment (aka, copay) when you visit your primary care physician or a doctor. Here's how this plan works:
- Pre-authorization rules apply.
- $15 co-payment for each visit to your primary care physician.
- $45 co-payment for each visit to a specialist covered by Medicare.
Urgent Care Doctor Visits
Urgent care is the delivery of ambulatory medical care outside of a hospital emergency department on a walk-in basis without a scheduled appointment. Here's how Urgent Care works with this plan:
- $45 co-payment for urgent care treatment covered by Medicare.
- When you are to the hospital within 24-hour(s) for the same medical condition you pay $0 for the urgent care treatment.
Emergency care is medical attention for patients with acute illnesses or injuries which require immediate medical attention. Here's how Emergency Care works with this plan:
- $65 co-payment for emergency room treatments covered by Medicare.
- $50,000 plan coverage limit for supplemental emergency services outside the U.S. and its territories every year.
- When you are to the hospital within 24-hour(s) for the same medical condition you pay $0 for the emergency room treatment.
Most health plans do not cover transportation to and from medical services. The exception, of course, is when you have an emergency or when non-ambulatory. Here's how this plan covers ambulance service:
- Pre-authorization rules apply.
- 20% of the cost for ambulance benefits covered by Medicare.
- $150 co-payment for ambulance benefits covered by Medicare.
Inpatient Treatment (Hospital Stays)
A patient who is admitted to a hospital or clinic for treatment that requires at least one overnight stay is an inpatient. Most health plans have a tiered cost structure for inpatient treatment. Here's how this plan covers hospital stays:
- Plan covers 90 days each benefit period.
- For hospital stay covered by Medicares:
- Days 1 - 6: $275 co-payment per day. .
- Days 7 - 90: $0 co-payment per day.
Compare Medicare Advantage Plans
Compare Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage with these top rated Medicare Advantage Plans available in Lauderdale County:
- HumanaChoice R5826-001
- Blue Advantage Complete
- HumanaChoice H1681-001
- Blue Advantage Premier
- HumanaChoice R5826-065
Related Medicare Plans in Lauderdale, AL
- Medicare Advantage Plans in Lauderdale County, AL
- Alabama Medigap Medicare Supplements
- Senior Dental Insurance Available in Alabama
- Alabama Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans
This page was last updated on: 10/28/2013
About The Insurer Healthspring of Alabama, Inc.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthSpring got its start in 2000 and is now one of the country's largest and fastest-growing coordinated care plans whose primary focus is Medicare Advantage plans. HealthSpring currently owns and operates Medicare Advantage plans in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, D.C., as well as a national stand-alone prescription drug plan.
The summary (overall) rating for this Healthspring of Alabama, Inc. plan is 3.0 out of 5 based on reviews from 0 user ratings from the previous year. For more information about the review process, visit http://cms.gov.